Saturday, October 01, 2005

Arnie for Pres!

"This bill simply adds confusion to a constitutional issue," [Governer Schwarzenegger] said in his veto statement. "If the ban of same-sex marriage is unconstitutional this bill is not necessary. If the ban is constitutional this bill is ineffective."

I'm not sure what his position on SSM is, and honestly I don't care. That's the most common sense thing I've heard from a politician in a long time. Maybe if we didn't pass so much useless legislation, government would be smaller and this wouldn't be an issue.

Read the whole story here.
I realize it's a pretty biased article, but you just need the facts, and the quotes. Besides, I'm too lazy right now to go looking for an article on the situation that isn't either church based Anti-SSM cheering him on or LGBQ (or whatever the acronym is) shunning him.
If you can't read an article objectively, it's not my problem.

3 comments:

BBS said...

The sad thing is, he probably didn't think up that line himself. It makes too much sense for a politician.

mostlyfree said...

Fine by me! As long as someone with some influence is able to get lines like that (and policy like that) through I'm a happy camper.

Liam O'Brien said...

Arnie is proving to make sense in a lot of areas. I knew he was doing well when Lou Dobbs got mad at him for daring to do the pro-free trade thing back in the spring and outsource certain govt contracts to lowest bidders even if they were outside the state... Lou Dobbs and his campaign against "them foreigners" (who happen to be more competitive) helped me like Arnold even more.