Thursday, June 08, 2006

Hooray!

Quebec to Allow Private Health Insurance!

Even if it's limited, this is definitely a step in the right direction. I'm so glad to see that the Chaoulli decision had this effect. Let's just hope the rest of the country catches on...

(I guess the death of Zarqawi is a big story, but I would have loved for CBC to have to broadcast this across their homepage, rather than the ten-point font link that's up now.)

From a partisan political perspective, the Liberals might have a harder time attacking us on "two-tier health care" when they have to bash Quebec to do it, which would be spiffy. I guess we'll see.

This just made my day. :D

1 comment:

Kerry said...

Hi; I found your blog through a Google search and thought you might be interested in www.sellthelcbo.com.

Thanks!