Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Garth Turner and my cat.

I don't care about Garth Turner. I really don't.

Well, I try not to care. I try really hard. But it's kind of hard to avoid. A little tricky to explain, too.

Let's just say that Garth reminds me of my cat, Daisy.

I would like to ignore Daisy while I'm studying for a midterm, but she forces me to deal with her by repeatedly positioning herself between my eyes and the textbook, (or, even better, my pencil and the paper), and so I have to go to the trouble of picking her up off the table and dropping her on the floor over and over (and over and over) again.

The saddest part of all this is that I wanted to care about Garth. I can sympathise with Garth. I know what it's like to be stabbed in the back by people who are supposed to be your political allies, and to not get support to the extent you'd like from the people who you thought were supposed to supply it.

But the solution isn't the course of action Garth has devoted himself to (bitching, posting personal information and generally glorifying himself even more than he did when he was a CPC MP). Rather than demonstrating his ability to be an asset to the party, he's showing exactly how he can be classified as a liability.

I originally thought booting Garth from the party was a very bad idea. I still think it was probably a bad idea, but I definitely understand why it was done now - after all, actions in response to an extreme situation are merely an amplification of standard reactions. Garth is obviously a loose canon capable of and willing to dispense confidential information if he thinks it will further his agenda.

A disservice is being done to Garth's admirably loyal EDA, who deserve to have the party membership standing with them in indignation over their nominated candidate being removed and banned from running, especially so shortly after the nomination meeting.

Unfortunately for his EDA, that's not the case. Every day Garth perpetuates this soap opera it becomes easier for those who aren't directly involved to knock the cat off the table without a second thought.

1 comment:

Justin said...

A nice post.worth reading..You too can check out this post on my feline family. I think u'll like it..

God bless.