Monday, October 01, 2007

well so much for that.

CTV reports today (and so does the Ontario PC Party, with 4 copies of its press release in my inbox so far...) that Tory will allow a free vote on his religious school funding policy.

I'm actually in favour of free votes on everything and less party line shoved down everyone's throat, but this is clearly just back peddling. They're desperate.

Oh well. So much for this. I tried to play nice, I really did.

Hope none of you voted for Tory in the advance polls based on this one.

3 comments:

Raphael Alexander said...

I think he made the best of an overall bad situation. I don't think "staying the course" would have been any better, given the Liberals had increased their margin to 10 points by simply chanting "Tory wants to fund private schools!"

Janet said...

You're right! Now John Tory can say "The Ontario PCs! We break promises before the election's even over... but not before you can vote for them!"

I've already heard stories of people going to Elections Ontario offices trying to take their votes back. It's like the best of both worlds... backing off of principle and political stupidity, all in one go!

James Bow said...

On another matter, did you send an e-mail to join the Blogging Alliance of Non-Partisan Canadians and not hear back from me? If that's the case, I apologize.

I've added you to the blogroll, and I'll make sure your posts get added to the aggregator within the next couple of days. Thank you for your patience.

Drop me a line to remind me, will you?