This American tax day, The Onion offers valuable advice for completing tax forms. Although most of our readers are Canadian, I don't doubt they, too, will see the wisdom in these suggestions. Here are a few:
- Pay your owed taxes in pennies. That will get you on the Yahoo! News
front page, and it will most certainly make the IRS feel foolish.
- Not putting that little dash through all of your sevens will result in a prison term of up to three years.
- Screw over the IRS and save time and money by making less than $8,950 a year.
- Be courteous and include a sheet of scratch paper with your forms for the IRS to do math on.
- It's not widely publicized, but now that all taxpayers are part owners of Merrill Lynch, you can use their bathrooms.
Read the rest here.
Cross-posted to The Shotgun.